BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Self-Governing

I've been thinking more and more about leaving and starting anew lately. The idea is becoming more and more appealing by the day. The thought of waking up in a room, in my own apartment, in a diverse, metropolis every day sounds magically delicious! It will be the change I have been searching for.

Right?

I will take dance classes and walk to my local gym everyday. After which, I will pay my little organic grocer a visit. We know each other by name....it will be:

"Good morning, Tito!"

"Oh good morning, Jessie! Where are you off to today?"

"The Internet Cafe! I just finished reading the most WONDERFUL blog about a mermaid and a sexy young gay man in Ottawa!"

"That's nice! Marie! The Baguettes!"

Then I will skip and sing to the sound of honking car horns and angry taxi cab drivers. I will jay walk and people will give me the finger and I will smile and sing, "THE SKY-SCRAPERS ARE ALIVE, WITH THE SOUND of MUSIC!!"

People will think something is wrong with me........no wait, what am I saying.....No one will notice me at all!!!!!!!!!!! I can finally pretend I'm in my own music video.......I'll buy roller skates and booty shorts and skate through central park wearing a tina turner wig!!

I will be unconfined, unfettered! I will be like a young tigress set free in the African plains, galloping off into the blazing African sunset! Liberation! Emancipation!!!!!!!!

eeeeee...there really are ants dancing in my pants right now!

3 Comments:

Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

You are awesome. I love the concept of a soundtrack for real life, and you just described a scene that would work perfectly in a song! ENJOY!

1:21 AM  
Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

Seriously. We have to get married.

1:09 AM  
Blogger artsmonkey said...

maybe you should take off your pants b$%#.
sorry.
i had to.

it is time for you to be set freeeeeee!!!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home