BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Am I crazy?

There should be rules about how much you are allowed to talk about your ex-girlfriend around your current girlfriend, who you've been seeing for a year.
If it is imperative that you re-tell some story or life experience that involved this person, you should leave the ex-person out.

For example, "I'm sorry to hear you have bad cramps. Some girls get them really bad don't they? My ex used to have to take the day off work and use a hot water bottle"

Do i want to know about your ex-girlfriend's menstrual cycle???! No thanks! If you really felt like you wanted to relate to me in some way through this story you should have replaced ex-girlfriend with 'friend'. "I had a friend who used to get it really bad". end of story.

Whenever I recall a time in my life for story-telling purposes and it involves my ex-boyfriend, I almost always leave him out of it or say, "this one time in Toronto, my friend and I went to the CN tower.....etc etc". Bringing past relationships into story-telling does not advance the story's intensity nor does it make the other person want to listen anymore.

Is it just me? Am i the only one who thinks this kind of useless repetition is unnecessary? It makes me mad EVERYTIME. Last night my brother, his girlfriend, my lovah and I were out having a drink. We started talking about comedies and funny tv shows, particularly the english version of "the office"...which i find hilarious. My brother asked my lovah, who had lived in London for about 5 years if he ever watched the show. His response was, "i wasn't really into that humour at the time. my ex-girlfriend was really political and when the war started we were all so focused on that that we didn't watch that kind of stuff. it didn't seem important. that said, we watched jackass all the time! hahahaha"

WHO CARES?!!!! Tell me that you and your friends were politically interested people.

then again, people who can't find humour and enlighten themselves even at the worst of times, bore me. she sounds boring.

But seriously, it really bothers me. How do i get over it?

2 Comments:

Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

start talking about your ex-boyfriends! "This one time, I was peeing while Albert was taking a shower..."

2:55 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

fuck that. tell him exactly what you just wrote!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home