BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Friday, July 14, 2006

BELIEVE OR SUFFER!??

I hate forms of organised religion that try to pressure and sway people into their clan by disposing guilt and ultimatum upon them.

I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that read:


TRY JESUS
If you don't like him, the devil will always take you back.


Pardon me?????? I thought for a quick second that maybe it was someone trying to be facetious.......or sarcastic. But no, i look at the other stickers plastered on the car windows and bumper of the same vehicle and they were all busy promoting Jesus and the Great Lord, Our Saviour.

Are you really going to try and convince me into your beliefs by telling me that I can choose Jesus or Satan??? Um, please don't. That only makes me all the more dubious.

I have NOTHING against organized religion (for the most part) but I do not appreciate trying to be guilted or made to fear any higher power that way.

Is the whole idea of spirituality not to instill a sense of calm into our lives? To provide some sort of inner peace and remind us of unconditional love and equality for mankind? To allow us a sense of hope and strength when we cannot find it on earth in human form? We seek out this higher power for a place to lay down some form of faith we may have.
Don't tell me I'll suffer eternal damnation if I deny his "infinite everlasting love".

Irony? Mmm Hmm.

Those who believe because of fear, live in fear and that is NOT for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

That's a funny bumper sticker. The owner of that car is clearly going to hell.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

But your siblings telling you what Mother wants for us is wrong. If Mother told your brother, she'd probably tell you the same thing. know what I mean?

Peace, Love, Flowers, Happiness, man.

11:14 PM  
Blogger bedroomprince said...

Why doesn't religion equal good?

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home