BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

12 hours to go.....

I took all of last week off from work because I wanted to be sure I gave all my time to my Canadian visitor. As I said in the previous blog, it was a magnificent week and I got to do all those touristy things I haven't done in far too long. Vacationing in bermuda is great, even if you live here. NEway, with that said, i have to return to the dreaded caffeine community tomorrow morning at 6:30am. I'm so scared my misery is going to transcend to record heights and that I will lose my brain over some rude woman's triple cappuccino.

"This tastes more like a latte! I wanted a cappuccino!!" (someone actually said that once)

Hopefully, the music I chose to play will help me get through. It's amazing what a difference good music makes to my mood there.

It's not that i hate Bjork, but in semi-large doses her music causes intense irritation within me. It actually has the ability to make me angry when I am exposed to it for too long. I appreciate her music but after listening to a whole album and a half, I often feel like I'm slowy entering the demise of the universe in the year 2310. There is just something eerily futuristic about the way this icelandic lady choses to arrange her music. That said, i really do like some of her songs but when my admiring co-workers play too much of her, I get a little angsty and this may diffuse itself into my attitude as I provide this customer service.

Tomorrow I will play Ben Harper and Jack Johnson followed by a delicious dose of the Roots and Bob Dylan. Add some cheesy Hall and Oates and finish my mix with a light serving of Stevie Wonder and I should survive the morning semi-unscathed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I love "It's Oh So Quiet" but I really get what you mean about the rest of her stuff. tell her to shut up.

You should listen to The Mermaids at work...or better yet, you shouldn't have to work there.

9:29 PM  
Blogger artsmonkey said...

you should have told that bitch that the difference between a cap and a latte is texture not taste - and she should go order future beverages in asshole land, where she/he belongs.

2:08 PM  
Blogger The ArtofBeingMe said...

SERIOUSLY! I don't know what planet's orbit this asshole customers are falling out of but i wish they would leave me alone.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home