BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's a small world after all!

I can't get over it. I'm here in Bermuda, freshly cast as Belle in an upcoming production of "Beauty and the Beast"; there is a certain former classmate of mine that was recently cast as the new Anne in the new musical "Anne and Gilbert" and it just so happens that we have the same director. I'm flabbergasted by this coincidence! We are in separate countries and are hailing from a very small school. What are the odds???? I love that. Not to mention the musical direction is headed by the spectacular Diane Leah, who just so happened to direct my former classmate and I in our final school musical. Wild.

However, this is what scares me about theatre. It is, in actual fact, a small tight-knit community and you must always be on your best behaviour and hope your talent does you justice, or else, you risk hurting your casting possibilities in the future. Everyone knows everyone and if you make a wrong move, blacklisted may become your middle name. Not that I would ever be such a pain in the ass to work with, but it does keep you on your toes.

Well, NEway, MERDE!!! to my friend out in P.E.I and here's to working with a (hopefully) splendid director!

3 Comments:

Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

It's mind blowing how tiny this world it. How can two people who were in the same class be in two different countries and be in shows with the same director? Why don't I have some weird connection to you right now, other than that we are now blogger brothers. Remember when you tried to say Booger Brothers but it came out Booger Blothers or something like that? It's on tape. I think I'll go watch it.

12:15 AM  
Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention my latest small world experience. I went to my first dance rehearsal for this movie I'm filming, and the choreographer says I look familiar. I go, well I've been in Toronto for the last few years, and she said her boyfriend went to Randolph and she worked at Lettieri and it turns out it was Serge's girlfriend at the time (who, by talking to her seemed like she was still his girlfriend, which was weird). My world's not AS small because we're in the same province, but small none-the-less.

7:55 PM  
Blogger bedroomprince said...

I saw some here in Europe who I met at U of T. The world is small true dat.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home