BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Cutie and the Beast

So, I'm auditioning for the part of Belle in a community production of 'beauty and the beast" on tuesday that is being done here this year. As i said a second ago, community theatre. amateur theatre. I've been walking around the last couple days thinking, 'hell yeah i have a shot at a great part....why wouldn't they cast me as belle?' then reality set in later on this afternoon as I was desperately trying to soak up the late afternoon soleil; what if some other chick appears from nowhere and blows them all away and they cast her and ask me to be bar maid #3....one of Gaston's ugly castoffs??????????????????? what confidence would i have left then? how do i pick myself up and move to new york and audition for professional theatre when community theatre in BERMUDA won't showcase me?? maybe i shouldn't audition.

see??? that fear of failure is immortal. it will endure until I can find a way to vaporize it. How about i just try to subdue it by potentially knocking their socks of on tuesday?

and if they don't cast me i will be sure to tell myself it was because i don't have brown hair. My ego might still be mendable that way.

personally, i think a blonde Belle is long overdue.

:P

5 Comments:

Blogger artsmonkey said...

time to take your hot ass out and audition.
we are all afraid, but it is those of us who DO in spite of our fears who are great -
go to it beeaatch.

12:39 AM  
Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

Funny. I was also considering auditioning for a community production of Beauty and the Beast in Ottawa, only not as Belle, but Lefou or Lumiere. I have the same fears as you. But basically, I just want to get out of Ottawa, so I can't audition for it.

If Toni Braxton can play a black Belle on Broadway, you can play a blonde one in Bermuda.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

dude, just so you know, the bar wenches rock! But you absolutely should be Belle. Wouldn't you dye your hair again? ;)

5:09 PM  
Blogger The ArtofBeingMe said...

No, I know.....it's true. Bar wenches do turn me on.....it's more about my ego. I would happily play a bar wench anywhere else but bermuda.
And u know, if I felt like belle with brown hair was neccessary, like mary with dark hair was, i would do it again. but belle is sweet and kind. she's not a gambling, prostitute who jacks off daddy.

that still gives me the heebie jeebies........

6:13 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Playing a bar wench in Beauty and the Best would be a dream fulfilled for me. Seriously.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home