BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Blog Premier

So, I have arrived to this handy blog site and here I leave you with my very first posting. I've been back home here, in Bermuda, for almost two years after a lovely few years in Toronto......some of my gorgeous, talented friends still there frequently blog here, so that excites me.
If you have not been to Bermuda, I must first of all do a deserving service to our island's tourism industry and convince you that you must make a visit at some point in your life. It's a place of unmatched beauty and simple, gentle people. The Island's diversity and culture intertwine with exquisite waters and architecture to mimic something out of a fairy tale...It's very satisfying.
With that said...........I need to leave!!! I love my home but I'm losing my noodle here!
I know many people have left home, never to look back on the possibility of residing in the home of their parents again and yet, somehow, it happens to the best of us. I can't afford to live on my own (rent prices here are comparable, if not worse than those of Manhattan) and my sensitive, generous parents are more than happy to supply this sturdy roof over my head and yet.......I can't stand this and rarely can i bear to be in the same room as them for more than 10 minutes. Sometimes I even fantasize that they'll kick me out and i'll be forced to find other arrangements......occasionally a cozy cot at the salvation army sounds tragically appealing.
Oh I love my parents dearly and we have a golden relationship but this situation is detrimental to any of my existent well-being. I have decided to move to Manhattan (how ironic) and finally bask in the ever-lingering scent of insecure actors and out of work musicians. I have given myself a good few months to prepare.

How do you prepare for starvation?

5 Comments:

Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

I totally feel your pain. Welcome to blogging. How the hell did you find me?

12:01 AM  
Blogger The ArtofBeingMe said...

on artsmonkey's blog. your blog was a dead give away to your true identity.
i enjoy your blogarama very much. :)
do you like bologna?

12:30 AM  
Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

I think bologna is sexy. Albert misses Wanda.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I think for some reason, once you hit a certain age, you cannot live with blood relatives anymore. Something about the close daily proximity of two or three beings with the same blood makes said blood heat and boil causing wars. That's why Skinny Rabbit and I made horrible roommates--we're related. That's why you and he made great roommates and became related in a different way.

You're gonna be the realest of all the Carries in Paris because you'll be in Manhattan. That's where Carrie was for all but like 3 episodes.

Miss Pants, I'm so glad you're a blogist. Welcome to the cult.

2:51 AM  
Blogger The ArtofBeingMe said...

so pleased to be here! thank u for blogging.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home