BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Make your own double skim latte, extra hot, no foam!

Saturday morning and I'm bored. I have to go to work in an hour and pour cups of coffee for hungover soccer moms and accountants. There seem to be a lot of tourists in town and they for the most part, bug me too. We are not starbucks. we do not make cookies and cream mocha-frappacinos and we do not have an ounce of whipped cream to put on top of anything...so don't be greedy and don't ask. I work at a great little independently owned coffee shop that has a great deal of character. There is an open, artsy sort of feel to it. I like the establishment and i enjoy my co workers. I do not enjoy the service industry itself. I do not like serving people day after day. I often want to throw their caramel latte's into their faces rather than gently place them on the counter. I want the people who like to "get rid of their change" by giving me 30 cents in pennies to choke on them. I would like for them to all catch venereal diseases. ok, maybe that's overboard......but.....
I'm not a violent person. I'm not aggressive, for the most part, but these people have been bringing out the worst in me lately. Can u tell?

It's a beautiful, cloudless, blue skyed beach day and I don't want to go to work today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

First of all, why don't you have whipped cream?

And next, yeah, I know. Serving is the worst. I think equally violent thoughts when I'm at work. thanks for some new ones to imagine...

(try to find my post about the motherfucker who came in saying "gimme ceasar!" I can't remember what it's called...)

3:00 AM  
Blogger The ArtofBeingMe said...

I can't wait!!!! I'm laughing already......he sounds like a true charmer.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home