BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Familiarity feels good today

I just got home from that Beauty and the Beast audition I was talking about in a previous blog. You'll never guess what country our director is from this time......ready for it?
OOOOOH CANADA! Even better he knows my teachers and students from my graduating class and can take credit for work with the shaw festival and the charlottetown festival...most importantly, Anne of green gables. He seemed very gentle and it was so refreshing to speak to someone who knows where I'm coming from, literally. Someone who I do not know, yet is familiar and takes me back to the place where I had both feet firmly planted on the ground. The place where I was consistently creating and believing in it and those around me. It's a feeling I feel rather lost without, but I was reminded of it today and it made me feel sheltered and at ease. For a brief moment I was recollecting my past with someone who was interested.
Not sure what to make of the actual audition. We had a great chat and spent ten minutes name dropping after which he smiled and told me I was lovely.

WAIT............Lovely meaning, Belle lovely, or lovely meaning, "Unfortunately you're not talented enough, but aren't you cute and polite!?" lovely?
Who knows?! My accompaniment was rather unfortunate. The poor old man was playing wrong chords all over the place and then when he was playing correctly I was as confused as Eve on mother's day!! But I plowed on through and felt like an idiot. All meaning and any sign of acting in this song were lost after the first verse. C'est La Vie. At least it wasn't TOTALLY my fault......so much for MTP class.

Then when he asked me what I had been doing while I've been on this island for the last 2 years I could hardly think of a good answer. How depressing it was to reply with, "working in a coffee shop".

after which, he said, "You must be going insane!"

You hit it right on the nose, smarty pants.

OH BLOG-DEE, OH BLOG-DA, BLOGS GO O-On, OH, MY BLOGS GO ON AND ON.........

3 Comments:

Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

keep blogging! doesn't it make you feel better? Better than good, or better than bad!

I hate the days after an audition. The suspence kills me.

Merde!

5:20 PM  
Blogger The ArtofBeingMe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:00 PM  
Blogger The ArtofBeingMe said...

I had to remove that last post because it was filled with too many typos. I didn't want anyone to read it.

NEhow, thanks princesse. I'm actually going back tonight to do some "movement". Whatever the hell that means. since when is Belle a dancer? I hope they're not asking me back to try for the part of a dancing spoon. That's not cool.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home