BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

How not to be miserable

Ok unhappy fellow bloggers........this is what I think.

I think we're in that awkward stage of our 20's where we're feeling lost.... Wandering in a sea of people and jobs and career choices and bad credit and not getting the opportunities we think we deserve. yes? well maybe except for swiss miss.
but anyway, regardless, life is tough. it takes a toll on us. we get drunk and we see glimpses of happiness and dreams waiting to be fulfilled. we work hard and are underpaid and we have huge ambitions ye we seem to be lacking the knowledge and experience needed to really grab a hold of these ambitions.
maybe i'm wrong.
but what i DO know is, is that we must not feel sorry for ourselves. we must not get lost in this confusion and instability. it's so easy to do and then somewhere down the line we end up seeing therapists and popping zoloft and wellbutrin XL.
I will tell you what has happened to me. I decided that i would go into work everyday and have fun, laugh, be kind to people and SMILE. and you know what? When you exude those things you get those things returned, and it feels great. You know what people at work have said about me? I'm not tooting my own horn but everyone i work with loves me. they all say things like 'we all love you here. you come in with this beautiful energy and we're so happy you work here.' or 'i want to give you this client because he/she requested someone with a fun personality/character.' or as i'm walking by, being silly i hear, 'damn i love that chick'. these things make me feel GREAT and my mood only improves. because i know i'm awesome. i know that on the inside there is a beautiful person just waiting to be let out everyday. let yourself be perceived as the person you know you are inside, regardless of all the shit that's getting you down. until something truly awful happens to you, wash your morning uglies down with a delicious cup of coffee/tea/tasty treat of your choice and show the world who you are.

i've been doing it for weeks and the results are astounding.

7 Comments:

Blogger artsmonkey said...

it's true. but at night i still have to blog.

11:05 PM  
Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

you are fucking AWESOME. Did you know that if you smile for fives minutes every morning you will be happy all day long? That is if you don't get a headache from fake smiling for that long.

8:10 PM  
Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

haha, fives minutes.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

You are fucking awesome. Ok, I'll try it! However, I draw the line at seminars. Don't tell me to go to seminars.

10:15 PM  
Blogger The ArtofBeingMe said...

no. please don't go to those. there is no need.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I feel the need to repeat it. you are fucking awesome. I'm smiling already. you're totally right! THANK YOU!

4:36 AM  
Blogger bedroomprince said...

You are a wise woman.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home