BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

I clicked "New Post"

I clicked New Post with nothing in mind to write about......I clicked, I waited for the page to load...

new post, new post, new post....what should i blog about? it's been so long.....

Life is getting better. I don't have a real plan, who am i kidding? And for the first time in my life, that's ok. I have loose plans....loose goals, yet the drive increases. Loose plans and loose goals don't mean laziness or uncertainty, they just mean 'When the time is right'. And right now, the time is right to sit in what I'm doing, absorb it, learn more about it, meet people and continue on my way. Slowly but surely make my move into acting classes, auditions, workshops....but don't put that relentless pressure on myself like I'm known for. Just relax. Just appreciate. Just breathe. Really. I've underestimated the importance of my own breath.

I'm meeting more people, forging new friendships and going in to work most days makes me happy....Makes me feel connected and part of something I want to be part of. I'm working my way up from the bottom, learning everyday and I'm finally ok with taking it slow; Knowing that months from now I will have moved in a better place. And that years from now I will not look back and say why didn't i just take my time?

My parents are visiting now. It can be a nightmare but I love having them here. Yesterday was a Saturday and being in Times Square with two aging tourists was hard. not gonna lie. I despise times square. my mom took me to see 'the drowsy chaperone". that was cute but nowhere near inspiring. still a little shocked it won the Tony, but anyway.....

I'm reading a triumphant memoir right now about a man who got into a terrible car accident at age 13, lost both his father and sister and survived with his brother and mother but became paralysed from the chest down. he goes on to discover yoga in his later years and finally brings some sense of awareness back into his body and mind. he transforms his mind/body connection and eventually becomes a yoga teacher. he's amazing. it could easily fall into the depressing but it's moving and heroic and makes you think again about the gifts we have been given. I try to give myself a daily dose of perspective. It's essential for my survival in this city......world.

And that's my New Post.





5 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

i liked it. i'm glad you are settling into your new life with patience and an open for anything attitude. i'm looking forward to more new posts soon!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

get facebook.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

yes, definitely get facebook. just sell your soul to the devil already. I like your life. more please.

4:30 AM  
Blogger artsmonkey said...

i think you would identify with my play. maybe you can play in the revival.

9:31 PM  
Blogger bedroomprince said...

What a great New Post. I am going to have that New Post for myself everyday

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home