BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Bi-Polar Pill?

Um, as u know, in the past i have blogged about being upset/hysterical/unstable/insecure yadda yadda yadda. These things have seemed to have an effect on my relationship with my lovah in the past, as you may recall. Well, a friend of mine brought to my attention a little while back that she had gone on the birth control pill i was on and took herself off because it made her crazy. Like super emotional and sensitive. Women are naturally like this, yes, but only to an extent. Anything beyond that is borderline crazy.

So, I have been on this pill for a couple of years and in the last year have taken note of how crazy i get right before my period or even intermittently througout my cycle. I mean like CRAZY. Mostly with my lovah. I get so sensitive, so insecure that I'm convinced he's turning on me, or maybe debating relations with other women. But then, AFTER i get my period, I'm back to my calm, carefree, understanding self. The one who doesn't read into every word her lovah says, or worse yet, doesn't say.

I went online to research this pill, for the first time in two years and EVERY woman is saying the same thing,

"This pill made me emotional. I had anxiety attacks, major mood-swings, depression"

One woman after the next, swearing this pill caused her to cry over every little thing. Made her take things out on the one she loves, made her so insecure she sought a therapist.

I know every woman is different and we all respond differently to these pills but I think it might be time to let my body run itself free of extra hormones. But I'm scared......what happens if I discover that my mood swings are even worse without the pill???? What if i prove myself a natural born crazy??
You wanna know what else is funny? I haven't been consistently taking part in theatre, in performance; i haven't been acting. I need that back in my life. It balances me out, I swear it does. What's a women to do but go crazy when she's not doing what she really loves?

2 Comments:

Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

You'll do that performing stuff soon. In the meantime, but on shows in the livingroom for Joey. Get off the pill, if you find our you're crazy, then at least you'll know you're crazy.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

you're not uber-crazy. if you go off the pill you'll just go back to being normal crazy like the rest of us. try it and see what happens or try a different one and see if it has a different effect.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home