BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Half-Assed

I warn you ahead of time: as the title dictates, this will be a half-assed blog.
I'm just not in the mood to tell a lenghty anecdote or give descriptive details. I'm knackered.

Ok so.......

My job is going well; I have 2 tests tomorrow and if I pass them both, I will be cleared to finally train clients of my own. That excites me, not only because my current position as floor trainer is BORING, but i will also be making more mullah. And my survival in this city depends on that.

This city makes me happy. It's busy and the people, for the most part, are talkative and helpful. New Yorkers can also be mean with a serious case of potty-mouth syndrome. It makes me laugh. It's true what they say about this city, it makes you hard. The longer I'm here, the less shit I'm able to put up with. I can feel that turning point in my life around the bend..... The one were I am finally able to get to the point. You know, be straight with people. No more Mrs. Nice Guy.

I'm finally reading "the kite runner". It was a gift a while back and all this lack of social life has turned my nose back in the books. I'm thankful for that because this book is beautiful. It moves me and I can't put it down. One part in particular drew impossible tears from my dry, exhausted eyes on the train ride home this evening. I can't wait to get to bed and read more.

I saw "Pan's Labrynth" the other night. Also moving, but in a different way. A darker, lingering sort of effect. I recommend it, even if just for the writing.

I miss my mom and dad. I miss them like never before.

2 Comments:

Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I miss my mommy too! have you seen any shows yet? good luck on the tests!

5:08 AM  
Blogger artsmonkey said...

i saw pans labrynth too - it was not what i expected - super dark! but i liked it. it sounds like your life is exciting right now.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home