BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Manhattan Approaches

Somehow, I still have not grasped the reality of my upcoming move across the atlantic. It just doesn't seem to be of great consequence because it's only a 2 hour plane ride after all; Tickets home don't need to run any more than 300 bucks round trip....so what's the big deal? It's the actions I have to take once I get there that are the real nightmare. I've been trying, endlessly, to organise my plans from this end...via internet and phone calls but no plans are solidifying. I have yet to find a place that will certify me as a personal trainer and then hire me, like I plan to do. I want to work in a gym or in the fitness industry while I brush up my skills and confidence in the artistic world. I do NOT want to fold clothes or serve tables or work an espresso machine. It will, no doubtedly, kill my soul. I will not allow my inner superwoman to be suppressed!

I re-watched 'Angels in America' the other night and Mary Louise Parker, Meryl Streep and Al Pacino have once again, ingnited more of my passion and motivation. I thank them. and Tony Kushner, of course.

I have saved enough money so that I will survive if i don't get a job within the first 2 months. But if I'm not working, I'll be roaming the street of Manhattan buying shit. Eating out. Seeing movies. Going to museums, theatres, galleries..........calling my lovah long distance. Getting on a train, plane or other automobile to Toronto. I'm trying to get there to see 'Nine'....as it will also give me an excuse to see YOU! well......not the lucky lady in Switzerland (which upsets me profoundly) but hopefully, the rest of you.

I don't know what this blog was about......I move myself and the important shit that I own to NYC on Thursday, February the 1st.

oh my....that's 3 weeks today.......

3 Comments:

Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

I can't fucking wait. Serving tables in New York might be cool because everyone in the restaurant industry is an actor so you could make some hot contacts. Or why not just work the reception desk at one of these gyms?

2:39 AM  
Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

You. Are. Awesome. Go inner superwoman! Come out come out and party!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

you're so going to be this too-cool-for-school New Yorker and go places like Dean and Deluca and run in Central Park and go shopping like Carrie Bradshaw and basically be fabulous. Wait, that's MY dream life. ugh, i hate you. slash love and want to be you.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home