BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Cheers to friends and quitting your job!

I'm feeling better. A lot better. I think it has to do with the fact that one of my very mostest bestest friends came home on the weekend for christmas and she has helped me regain my sanity and personable persona. I AM fun, and funny, and light-hearted. She's in musical theatre too and is at the Royal Scottish Academy in Glasgow and I was so jealous when she was telling me about her classes and assignments. I want to do it again.

Also, my lovah and I had a talk on sunday and he asked me if i was sub-consciously trying to sabotage the relationship. hmmm. I told him no, because I love him and I'm scared. I'm scared he'll leave me, he'll find someone else, he'll forget about me....all that ridiculous bullshit. he assured me that, "No. I have made a commitment to you and that's the end of it. I'm going to suffer when you leave, big time, and I don't want you to go, but I can't let it get to me because I have decided I am with you. I have made the commitment and I'm sticking to it."
That made me feel a little (a lot) better. He also said if the next four weeks were going to be like the last, this obviously wasn't going to work. well, so far we've made it to Wednesday with nuthin but sweet, sweet lovin. we love eachother, we want to stay together so why not try to make it work?

Taxi drivers here SUCK. I was parallel parking on a one-way, rather narrow street and a huge motherfucker bus of a taxi tries to overtake me while I'm parking???!!! NO! Of course he slammed into me, of course I got a dent and scratch in my car and of course he proceeds to YELL at me and tell me it's MY fault!!! well, my lovah called the police to get them to sort it out and they reassured me he was in the wrong. It's called driving without due-care you arsehole! Ha, and can u believe he has the audacity to tell me he wants to take me to court? who are you? why are you on crack?

Speaking of crack, this guy that all the girls who work at the coffee shop know, came into the coffee shop and used one of our metal spoons to heat up his heroine in our bathroom. he didnt even dispose of his syringe wrapping properly. It freaked me out. he's been battling with drug addiction for years, off and on, and I was sad today when I discovered he was ill again. How do you do that to yourself? The image of injecting a potent drug into your own veins just makes me feel weak all over. I guess that's what addiction becomes: a weakness. I know i can't help, but i wish i could.

hey, did you all know that I finish my job on saturday??! no more barrista life for me! no, no, no! I'm on the up and up now.......

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

YAY FOR YOU!!! Not yay to the heroin addict, that sucks. I'm so happy that you're back in lovah-ville, it's a good place to be. Quitting sucky jobs is awesome.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home