BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Stressful Lives of Coffee Drinkers

Oh my goodness.....some people in this world worry over the most absurd, miniscule problems that it worries me to see how they would react in a really unfortunate situation.

So this woman came into the coffee shop this morning and got her usual medium cup of joe to go... as she does every day. She then handed us her loyalty card (you know, the "get 9 stamps and your tenth coffee is free" type of deal) Well, somewhere between her purse and my co-workers hand, the card went missing. This woman is a stamp pack-rat; she had 2 cards full of stamps.....maybe like 25 stamps. NEway, we couldn't find her card but told her we'd look for it and put it aside when we found it. she leaves. 30 minutes later I answer the phone...

"um yes, hello. I came in this morning and that girl who works there lost my stamp card. can you please find it. i'll be back later."

"ok. i'll do my best." WTF?? Don't accuse my co-worker of such absurdities. i assure you, losing your stamp card is not part of her agenda, you noodle-headed, whore.

THEN!!! about another hour later my boss comes upstairs from her office and says, "oh my lord! that crazy woman called me about her stamp card! i told her that no one lost her card and that is was probably dropped or picked up by someone else."

the woman starting ranting and raving about how she's been coming into the shop for two years and blah blah blah blah blah! ???!!! Who gives a damn lady!! stop wasting our time! My boss just laughed and said, "um how bout we just give you some free coffees?" my boss has little patience for people like this and yet she even went digging through the garbage to try and shut this woman up.

I could just picture this poor woman, back in her office sans stamp card, fuming, blood pressure rising, unable to concentrate on anything on her computer screen.

How can a person live a normal life when such trivial occurences send them off the wall like that? I pity her. I really do.

we all had a nice chuckle about it though.

2 Comments:

Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

I was not as upset as this woman when they cancelled Subway stamps.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

That is hyper-drole, as they say here. I'm still laughing. The poor woman. If I worked there I would have been mad at first but I think the fact that she's a lunatic would make me just laugh.

But I like your description better: noodle headed whore. That's the perfect name for her.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home