BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Reliving the moments

I can't believe how many people on this island recognise me from beauty and the beast. I went to a halloween party last night and I had like 20 people stop me to tell me how much they enjoyed my performance....this is also happening daily on the street. People who hadn't even seen the show were approaching me to tell me that they had heard such fabulous reviews of my portrayal of belle. One person actually said that somone had told her they must have brought the leading lady in from abroad. ha!!!
I'm not used to all this positive feedback....it's overwhelming and I don't know how to take it. I mean, it's wonderful and I do truly believe I achieved something great in my performance but I wasn't expecting such praise.
I'm not trying to boast but I'm feeling pretty good about my talents lately. so good and so motivated, in fact, that I want to move to NY NOW. TODAY. while I have all this drive and lingering adrenaline from the show. I have confidence and I know that doesn't make itself at home in me for too long. I gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now!!

Plus, i'm interested in having a better relationship with my parents and that would involve me not living with them ever again.

well my lovah and i are going to see "the last king of scotland" shortly so i must be on my way.

2 Comments:

Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

eff you, you're not used to the praise. We praise you all the time and we're not lying!

I remember when Geoff and I got recognized in Yorkville as Charlie Brown and Snoopy. That was a hot shit day.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I still get recognised as Dorothy in my hometown. It's pretty much the best feeling in the world, so boast all you want sistah. It rocks the casbah!
go to NY! now now now!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home