BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Simple pleasures

It has been a pleasant weekend. I was in rehearsal all day saturday and was happy with what we accomplished. We ran the scene where the beast has locked up my father and then I trade my freedom for his and the second time we ran it ever, I completely dropped in. It was weird, i tried to fight back my tears because I didn't want to seem self-indulgent or anything but i was overcome by this despair. And people are still on their scripts and it was still in the blocking process but i couldn't help but let the tears trickle down. I kept saying, "no no, come on, pull it together, this is not the time" and then I thought.....I'm in the scene, and I have to stay in it and let it happen.
It's that line, "you didn't even let me say good-bye. I'll never see him again, and I didn't even get to say good-bye." it really gets me! I was surprised this even happened, but it restored my faith in my ability to access emotion.

then on saturday night, we had a beauty and the beast "getting to know you" party for the cast and crew. Just a sort of social pull-together. I brought my lovah and my girlfriend brought my lovah's lovely gay roomate as her date and we had ourselves a lovely evening. I finally got a chance to have a real conversation with my director and we chatted briefly about my future and what I wanted to do. He was reassuring and gave some useful advice. He told me I should consider moving to london after New York because the demand for american actresses who can perform with an american accent is quite high. Apparently a lot of those british actresses just can't swing the accent much of the time. Interesting.....

After the party we went back to the boys' condo and played scattegories, which was quite a hoot. It was scary how much my lovah and I were thinking alike. At one point we had to think of something you wear beginning with the letter 'A'. My lovah and i both put antlers. hahahahaha.....i adore him.

Then on sunday we woke up and watched "transamerica" which is a fantastic movie and then "the libertine" with johnny depp which wasn't horrible but i wouldn't watch it again.

now it's back to work and that makes me mad. but i'm thankful for a quality weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

i love those weekends when they're so satisfying and so exactly what you needed.

i wish i could see your show!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

yeah, that sounds really nice.
I love scatergories so much. the antlers thing is still making me laugh.

I am so jealous of your being Belle. But you deserve it.

3:52 AM  
Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

I wish our Belle were as amazing as you. Great singer she is, but a powerful actress she ain't.

4:03 AM  
Blogger artsmonkey said...

you are a star. you totally belong on broadway or the west end...
transamerica rocks. felicity huffman is amazing.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home