BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Some things be funny to me

So I was riding my moped home this afternoon and I got so deep in thought that I actually kind of lost focus on my driving; I completely forgot to indicate when i was turning. It just sort of slipped my mind because I was thinking....deep in thought. You get it.
NEway, then i started thinking about something which made me laugh.......what if sooner or later, after the banning of drinking and cell phone use while driving, one day we were all forced, by law, to wear head pieces that shot an electric jolt to the body after detecting thoughts on the brain, to stop people from thinking and driving. I mean, I imagine accidents happen every day because of people losing focus on the road when they are immersed in their thoughts and fantasies. I, myself, enjoy creating fictional scenarios in my head and get completely submerged in my own hopes and dreams....sometimes while driving.

How funny would it to do a comedic sketch about this........

A man is driving his car with this ridiculous looking, archaic kind of contraption engulfing his entire head. He's staring straight at the road, very concentrated when all of a sudden....

"Hmmm, now what was it I needed at the grocery store?"

Then, SSHHHHZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He gets zapped, a small electric shock.

"Damn!"

Or what happens when the police are pulling people over who aren't "strapped" up?

"Excuse me ma'am. Where is your thinking-zap?"

Overcome with grief, and crying hysterically, "I'm sorry sir. I just b-broke up with my boyfriend and I can't stop th-thinking about it! I'm so sorry!"

I can just imagine the public service annoucements now......
"Remember, if you're going to think, don't drive."
"Had a bad day? Stressed out or just generally have a wild imagination? Make sure to find a designated driver."





Just another thought, while driving.

3 Comments:

Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

those thought zappers sound sexy.

4:27 AM  
Blogger The ArtofBeingMe said...

not as sexy as a wanda/albert holy matrimony!!!!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

you're a genius. How awesome is it to drive a moped?!

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home