BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Parting is such sour sorrow

My brother has gone back to the U.S as of yesterday and it's always such a bummer when he has to go. It's like the house is lacking all of this spontaneous, random energy. The best part about being around him, is that we have the same sense of humour so no matter what, we are always able to make eachother laugh so easily. I think you all know how therapeutic a long, hard, ab-crunching, laugh can be. Those would occur at least thrice a day around here. Having grown accustomed to waking up and making coffee for the both of us, and bringing it to his room, I'm feeling kind of lost this morning.
We would usually make up a song to sing eachother in the morning, whether it be about "coffee and sausages" or "waking up to this new day", i would always leave the house in a good mood, and look forward to coming home to see him. Now I just want to get out of here as fast as I can and stay away for as long as possible. AAAAHHH!!!!

When he leaves, it's also a sign that we're nearing the end of our summer. He comes home to run a theatre summer camp that my family resurrected about 11 years ago; I went to see the kids' final production on Sat. night and it was amazing. He always writes them a play, which inevitably showcases his divine sense of humour, and it always rocks the house. These kids were so amazing and the script was so funny and well thought out, that I wanted to cry out of pride for my family. Right now all of my admiration for another human being is purely focused on my brother. I can't believe that I'll finally be within reach of him in January......I don't think it can come soon enough.

3 Comments:

Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

I can't wait to meet your brother when I marry you in New York.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

your bro must be such an amazing person! You guys should do a TV show or something.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

you could be like donny and marie osmond except a lot cooler and more talented.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home