BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

New and a bit alarming....

So B&B rehearsals are in full swing.........but why hasn't the show come together and why do i feel like my performance is going to smell like cow dung? UGH!!!!
I'm feeling a mutual frustration with my castmates.....our director is lovely, has a lot of patience, but it's all moving soooo slowly.
for the last two weeks we haven't been allowed to act because he wants us to be 'safe' and mark every step before we layer the acting. i understand his logic, but it's sooo difficult and it feels like the show is boring. it's bland.....it needs spice, it needs emotion, colour.....I don't know.
But anyway, so there has been all this talk among the cast about this whole "safety first" issue he's always reiterating. It became a joke among the cast.....people began counting how many times he said the word "safe"......people started imitating him and then one guy went a little too far. On friday night he showed up to rehearsal wearing a shirt the said in big letters along with a band-aid on the front, "SAFETY FIRST" and then on the back across the shoulders it read, "WHO'S ACTING?". We all found it funny and he was very brave to do such a thing but I still think it was better left undone. There's no need to start taking the piss out of the poor guy until we discover that there's no time left to pull together a great show. We still have another week and a half and anything can happen.....a miracle would be great at this point but we have to have faith and trust this guy!!!! I've just never worked at this kind of pace before and it's throwing me off a bit.

but AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm scared, I really am.

oh yeah!!! I almost forgot. He wants me to be a brunette belle!!! I let him know that I wasn't super keen on dying my hair but i would do it if i had to, but we found a sexy human hair wig that looks way better on me than my mary traverse hair did....Even though I think a blonde belle would have been more than appropriate. I'm a slave to the show now though.

4 Comments:

Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

Thank God they found a wig, because MAN! Your Mary Traverse hair was superb in the show, but outside of the show, I missed the blonde babe I was living with.

I'm also scared for you with the whole slow process thing. I don't know if I could handle that. I'm barely handling that we've had two rehearsals for "Gaston" and we're still not done, and there are no rehearsals scheduled for that number before we open. I'm praying for you. When the hell does your show run?

10:16 PM  
Blogger musicaltheatreaudition.com said...

I did a show like that once. I was playing the lead and opening night was actually the first time we ever did the thing from start to finish. I was absolutely petrified. I hope it works out.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

ugh! I would go nuts! but I'm sure you'll be fabulous! imagine the satisfaction of doing it full out for the first time and knowing you'll be safe!

And while I think it's silly that your hair can't be blonde, it is Disney and they're nazis. Skinny Rabbit is right, you make a gorgeous brunette on stage!

12:50 PM  
Blogger artsmonkey said...

the show may be boring, but you are not.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home