BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

hello young lovers!!!

My friends!!!

I am so sorry my blogging has been non-existant these past few weeks. But MUCH has been going on.........lots of family/friend/lovah dramatics and it's all been far too overwhelming, but I seem to be on the road to coping right now. So all's well that ends well, finally.

Ummm......my Godmother is living with us right now for reasons I'm still in a shaken state about. I don't want this first blog in weeks to be depressing, but I will fill you in. So a couple weeks ago, when I was in NYC with my lovah, I called home to get some horrifying news; my mom's best friend, my godmother and second mom, who lives alone, was greeted with a visitor in her bedroom in the early hours of the morning. She was robbed of both her personal belongings and her personal, womanly dignities. She was raped at knifepoint and then forced to get into her car and drive to the atm to withdraw more money. It was a tragic, horrendous occurence and there's really no other way to put it. But that said, she's an amazing woman and has been so strong, but obviously cannot go back to living in that house alone again. I love having her here, she's fun, with a great sense of humour and most of all, she's not alone.

PHEW, ok.........what's next? My lovah and I have been arguing like you wouldn't believe...all is fine now, but it was ugly. We actually had our talk about my leaving and he came up with some smart ideas and solutions. I adore him more than ever.

I also realised this week just how fragile my emotions are when it comes to the well-being of my family. My father, who is 74 is such a cool man and is quite a bright spark for his age. he's a musician who still plays regularly and teaches....no one believes how old he is. you would all think he was ten years younger...but on Friday night I got a call from my mom while i was at my lovah's house telling me to come home, she was panicked and I could hear my father's withered crying in the background; he had gotten into a bike accident. In Bermuda, we all drive mopeds and when the roads are wet, accidents happen. He had slammed on the brakes, and the bike had gone right out beneath him. This image of my father coming of his bike and hurting himself and then hearing him cry, knowing how shaken up he must have been, sent me over the edge. I started wailing immediately, I couldn't stop, I was so worried. We rushed home to catch my mom and dad out the door on the way to the hospital and there was a lot of blood and I just couldn't handle it. He went on to get stitches and a cast for a fractured foot and has bandages on every joint but he's fine and is strong enough to deal with it. Oh how I love my papa!

So I'm leaving to move to NYC in less than 2 months??! CRAZY!!!! I'm a little frightened of leaving my lovah but maybe it'll all work out? He wants to go back to school, and he wants to try the NY film academy in 2008 so if we can do a year apart then we can live together for a bit!! EXCITORAMA!!!!

oh but i miss all of you sooooo much and am now going to spend a good portion of my evening reading your blogs and leaving my loving comments at your disposal.

sorry you felt so neglected sillyrabbit, i dedicate this blog to YOU!

3 Comments:

Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

thank you. i needed this blog.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

Ah! That is drama! Well, good for you for coping so well! I hope everything is okay, and your family (extended et al) sounds totally kick ass. You all must be warrior princesses. Well, not the boys, but warriors nonetheless. Welcome back!

5:04 AM  
Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home