BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Now you see it, now you don't

Someone at my job stole my cell phone. I left it alone for 15 minutes in the staff lounge and it was gone. When we tried calling it, someone had switched it off. Sim card out, ready to sell.
Shitty, eh? I know this will make me sound awful but it wasn't any of the other trainers, it was someone from the maintenance staff. I hate that we know that, but we do. No trainer would steal another's phone. I know all of them, they're all cool and, as a trainer, you know how important a cell phone is. There are some sketchy guys in maintenance (they and the trainers are the ones using this lounge) and someone had their ipod stolen last week. we all have lockers and we make sure they are locked but i can't believe after leaving that phone on the counter for no more than 15 minutes someone had snatched it up.

I wanted to cry, but i didn't. If the worst thing that happened to me that day was that my cell phone was stolen, who am i to complain?

I think reading the kite runner has helped me be sure to put things into perspective when they look grim.

I bought another phone. I'm lucky I could.

3 Comments:

Blogger artsmonkey said...

getting stuff stolen is always shitty - it's hard not to take it personally - like that person doesn't care enough about anyone else to respect their property. but yes, you are lucky that you are able to buy a new one - it still is a shitty feeling.

10:16 PM  
Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

I had my camera stolen at work. That was disgusting feeling. I just bought a new one. We're so much alike.

1:53 AM  
Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I'm sorry! That's such a frustrating thing! You're gonna be such a warrior when that city's done with you...

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home