BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Solitaire is boring.

Ok so you know how before when I said i was enjoying my alone time and that it felt good?
Ya, Scratch that. Now that the weather is getting really, really nice I regret turning down plans with people for the last two weeks. This weekend has been lonely. Walking through SoHo and watching everyone and their mother on the street shopping, eating and drinking on crowded outdoor patios.... everyone laughing, buying up local art and summer clothing, walking hand in hand. Was I the ONLY one walking alone? I feel so isolated all of a sudden.

Today I made a point to make plans with people at work.....I WILL say yes when I'm asked to go out. No more being lazy. No more worrying about how long my commute home will be at the end of the night. Live a little. You're in New York City for goodness sake! I wish I had met up with Neenia today but i was so far from mid-town with laundry going and a dog to walk. Booooooooo! That makes me sad.

Now, of course, I would be ready to make plans now that I have 100 dollars to get me through 2 weeks. That depresses me but I'm determined to make it work and not get down about it by taking advantage of free NYC events. They're everywhere. Many people take advantage of these.

Maybe, I'm not alone....But I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

Solitaire IS boring! No matter where you are! Friends should be together because making new ones takes way too much effort.

3:55 AM  
Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

I should have skipped The Colour Purple and spent the day with you and Neenia... but then I would have missed being in the best audience EVER!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home