BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Here's what's new, Mr. Magoo........

NYC Update..........

I am officially broke! WHOO HOO!!! I had 100 dollars to last until my next paycheck which is next friday, the 4th, but now that is gone. now i do not have enough money for rent and will either a) have to ask my parents for money which i haven't done since my toronto days and DO NOT want to have to do again or b) hope that my brother has enough money to pay my portion of the rent until friday. yuck.

I hate not having money. but you know what??? I actually don't care that much. I'm in NYC and i have a job and i will make money soon. it takes way too much to stress about this. I'm too happy to be here to worry.

I went out with my work buds on thursday night to this little club in Greenwhich village and finally got my butt moving on a dance floor. that was a revival of the spirit. i needed that. i suffered through the next morning at work happily knowing that i had done the right thing by going out and socializing. It was actually awkward at first....you know, that first time going out with people you've just met. unsure of what it's like out of the work setting......but then once everyone had a couple drinks it was great. a much needed release.

on the way to the club that night a man in my subway car had a huge, live snake around his neck. i was far enough away that i knew this snake posed no risk to me but it was hilarious to see the faces of people around him when they noticed what it was that was poking it's head out of his jacket.
Everyday on the subway is an experience in itself.

OH! one of the lovely girls i work with, who also comes from a dance background, has given me a ticket to see the New York City ballet perform Romeo and Juliet with her tomorrow night. I am so psyched. it's going to be so romantic!! Just sitting in the Lincoln center is something to look forward to. i love that place.

I just love this city.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

OH MY GOD I am so jealous that you get to see NYC Ballet's Romeo and Juliet. I wish that I was there just a few days longer so I could have gone! Except I probably couldn't afford it anyway since all my money went into taking cabs everywhere, lol. But it's nice to think about. It'll be so amazing, I love your New York life. And yes, I will definetly come back to visit you and Skinny Rabbit :)

2:07 AM  
Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

Ugh, I can't fucking wait to live my life there with you for a few months. Can we PLEASE just get married so I can stay? Your lovah won't mind. I'm sure.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home