BlabberSplat

Confessions of a desperate actor with a bad case of island fever.

Friday, June 29, 2007

24 hours later and I already feel better

So in the last 24 hours i made a new friend whom is now going to be a lifelong friend. She's staying here while my brother and his girlfriend are away. She's friends with them because she's done shows with my brother and has also worked under his girlfriend's direction. So last night we hung out and.....i must say, i haven't had that much fun with another person in a while. we laughed and discovered, instantly, that we have the same sense of humour. she just moved to the city 2 weeks ago to pursue her theater career. hurray for theater friends! we put our silly photos on facebook too.........

also, today at work, i was joking around a whole lot with the other trainers, retelling funny stories and being a little wacky and all of them told me I should be part of an improv/comedy troupe.
I was surprised because I didn't think I was being all that funny. honestly. But it made me feel great....and for the first time since i've been here, I can see it happening. It feels like something i can pursue and fulfill. I have faith and having new funny friends to collaborate with makes me feel that much more excited and secure.

AND on top of this, i got a response from the gym I sent my resume to. They want to meet me asap to discuss my options with them. If i can learn new skills and work a few more hours a week somewhere I will feel so much better. It's days like this that remind me of why I'm here and what I want from this city.

Productivity does come with rewards. and they feel really good.

3 Comments:

Blogger artsmonkey said...

yay! this is so exciting! congratulations. and you are funny. very funny.

5:05 PM  
Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

Yes!

3:31 AM  
Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I love hearing you happy. You are funny. If I could watch you just be you for a couple days, I'm pretty sure I'd never get sick again and I would never need therapy for anything.

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home